Coffee Affects Your Overall Productivity
Many people turn to coffee when they are tired and sleepy. Drinking coffee has been part of their morning ritual, afternoon siesta, or evening relaxation. Coffee has been proven to help the brain function better and the body to get going throughout the day. It is one of the main factors in how coffee affects productivity for all those who want to sharpen their minds and skill, making the most of their time at work.
Imagine a world without coffee, and you will see a staggering decline in the overall performance and productivity of the people in the world. That is how powerful coffee is.
What is it About?
Coffee contains some chemical compounds that are present in pants such as polyphenols and phytonutrients. These compounds have antioxidant benefits. But, coffee also contains caffeine, which is the most popular and most discussed ingredient in the world. Typically, a cup of coffee gives you about 75-100mg of caffeine, and it can stay in your body up to 5-6 hours.
Caffeine connects to the adenosine in the brain and weakens its effects. Adenosine is a brain receptor that causes you to feel sleepy and tired. When you drink coffee, caffeine disrupts the work of the adenosine, making you feel stimulated. This also results in the brain to release adrenaline, which makes you more attentive, reactive and energized.
Coffee affects your productivity
As soon as caffeine reaches the bloodstream, which is quite fast. In about 10 minutes or less, caffeine starts to boost and stimulate your energy and alertness levels. But, your genetics and body chemistry determines how fast your body metabolizes caffeine.
More Reasons Why Drinking Coffee Can Affect Your Productivity
- Increase Memory. Some studies suggest that coffee help drinkers improve their ability to recall. Written words and information stick to the brain well. Remembering details and information at a later date is beneficial at work, for example, at office meetings or presentations. So, coffee is a brain enhancement that you should take advantage of wile performing your tasks and finishing them on time.
- Boost Attention Span. Coffee affects your productivity in terms of improving your focus and attention span. If you are fatigued and would like to get your task done, drinking coffee can help. Coffee is a stimulant drink that will keep you alert while on the job, something that you really need at work. It is also helpful when you need to drive long distance.
- Pain Reliever. If your job requires you to sit for longer hours or do the same activities every day, you are likely to experience body pain. The body parts that suffer the most are the back, neck, shoulders, forearms, legs, and wrists. When you drink coffee, it helps eases the aches, soreness, and discomfort.
In addition Coffee is also effective in relieving the pain brought on by migraine.
- Make You Happy. You will do your duties and responsibilities with a lighter heart if you feel happy at work. Happy employees mean that the workplace has a positive environment for everybody. This is one of the reasons why many businesses are putting coffee machines for their employees to enjoy. Employees will feel their importance to the company, which makes them perform their best at work.
- Can Make You Live Longer. There is a study that discovered a relation about consuming coffee regularly and longer lifespan. Apparently, coffee drinkers had lower risks of death compared to those who did not drink the beverage. This only shows that if you live longer by drinking coffee, you have more time to work and provide for your family.
- Help Burn Fat. The body is subjected to an increase in metabolic activity after coffee consumption. While the caffeine content in your coffee is not enough to remove your belly fat singlehandedly, it can still burn some of your fat at a high rate.
This is good news to those who sit at their desk throughout the day and have no time to head to the gym for an exercise session.
- Improve Comprehension. Another way how coffee affects productivity is increasing your cognitive skills. Working means dealing with many different duties and challenges on a regular basis. There are new tasks to learn and do from time to time. Drinking coffee can boost your ability to comprehend and learn new skills fast. It is beneficial for you especially if you are aiming for a higher position.
- Strengthen Willpower. When you are tired and busy at work, your willpower decreases throughout the day. This may compromise your ability to make decisions. Coffee consumption may be the one that can save you from making wrong decisions and giving in to pressures such as in deadlines or negotiations. Coffee can help you at and your ground whenever necessary.
Coffee Statistics to Remember
- 50% of adult drink coffee every day. 30% are occasional drinkers.
- 65% of drinkers like coffee more in the morning.
- The coffee industry across the globe is worth about $42.5 billion.
- Some of the biggest importers of coffee are the U.S., Japan, Germany, Italy, and France.
- 46% of people feel tired and less productive at work if they do not drink coffee to start their day.
- 37% of employees consume 2 cups of coffee at the least during work hours.
- 48% have difficulty focusing at work without drinking coffee.
- The most demanding professions in the world such as doctors and nurses admit they need to drink coffee the most.
- Next to water, coffee takes the second spot in being the most popular drink in the whole world.
Drinking coffee two to three cups a day can be considered in moderation. This will not negatively affect a healthy adult. If you believe that coffee enables you to survive in the modern world and help get things done fast, drink moderately. Take into consideration how long the effects of coffee can stay in your body to prevent you from keeping awake at night. After all, it is a powerful stimulant that you must use properly.